Thursday, July 9, 2015

Domestic Life 家庭の/国内の

Even though the summer of 2015 didn’t have its headliner of a main-event, like say a proud graduation or a big wedding, it still somehow produced its own share of domestic travel and mirth. I mean, my sis and Paw went out west to California for the first time; I went back home to Wisconsin for a week or so; my brother and his wife moved out of their blasé apartment and into a fine, upstanding, real-life house-type home; my sis, too, found a real nice lil house-type home for herself, and soon sis and my youngest brother will venture out East, rather spontaneously, to see some musical or rather, ending the summer on a small vacation of their own.  Needless to say, there has been quite a bit of domestic travel flowing though these summer months of 2015. Not only in the nature of travel, but also in the domesticated animals: pets! My brother Pat and his wife got themselves a dog right about the same time my Ma got herself a dog. They even look similar, look!

 

But in the meantime, on account of my own wife being abroad and not-so domestic, I’ve been keeping up with our own place and taking care of my young Siamese boy, Tom Yum.  Him and I are doing real fine and keeping the place clean, while making our own meals together. I just discovered lentils! And we’re doing our best to help him stay lean and healthy like he should.




Yessir. While I was back home in Wisconsin, I happened to watch the picture Little Big Man with my Pa and youngest brother (funny that I owned a Chief Dan George book before I ever even knew he was in this movie); and then I got to watch the picture Pale Rider with my Ma. We all had been meaning to have a nice sitdown and watch these type-of pictures together. And later that evening with Ma, I discovered she knew a thing or two about ol’ W. H. Auden and his poetry. I got real excited when Ma read aloud “Who Stopped the Clocks.” I guess I was just surprised that Ma had always known for the longest time all about a poet I had only recently learned of in college, under the tutelage of the famed-Auden scholar: Edward Mendelson. My education had shown itself a reason to be! It’s always a hoot to see things like that come full circle. We all had a real good time, kicking back and thinking of these things.

  

Now that I’m home, I’m going to take care to see that I keep up on this blog. I’d rather be doing something like this anyways, instead of a face book or whathaveyou. There just seems to be too much going on, where so many folks try to make something mean something, but it doesn’t always come out that way in the end. Sometimes whatever you were thinking of just fizzles away and it never minded anybody anyhow. It may be better to collect oneself and put things in order, first. Word by word.

“Young people are the pioneers of new ways. Since they face too many temptations it will not be easy to know what is best.” 
   

No comments: